Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Addendum To Newer Threat

     After writing yesterday's entry, I went home and hand-wrote the petition for writ of habeas corpus. But interestingly enough, in the course of preparing it, I went through my original order to extract the exact language committing me to probation and (surprise, surprise) there isn't any! That's right - though the order is resplendent with conditions for probation or parole, there is no order actually committing me to either! The only language of commitment is for the suspended sentence!
     As a result of this discovery, I actually wrote a petition requesting relief in three areas: first, since there is no order committing me to probation, my commitment thereto is unlawful; second, that imposition of simultaneous suspended and probationary sentences violates protections against double jeopardy; and third, that many of the conditions I have been subjected to have no legal foundation in law, principally because there is no relationship between the convicted offense and rehabilitation or protection of victim and society, as well as restitution orders that are not related to pecuniary loss of a victim.
     Hopefully, when I get time I will be able to type in the actual petition. Since I hand-wrote it, it will take some time to type it in, and I don't think I have time today...
     Interestingly enough, if I am released from probationary custody, I will no longer be a political prisoner... Somehow, I do not believe that the State will permit that, no matter how righteous my position is...
     As always, I would welcome any help or suggestions in this regard. But I am mailing the petition this afternoon...
     Ciao for now...

Ron Glick
Political Prisoner since 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment