Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Public Appearance

    I have been invited to speak at the next NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) meeting on Thursday, March 26, 2009. I will be speaking of my experiences and observations about the ineffectiveness of addressing mental illness within the criminal justice system. As I have just spent five years incarcerated, I feel I can provide a unique insight to this problem, and I have been invited to share my perspectives.
    I note this here as it is an opportunity for anyone who might have an interest in meeting the man behind the blog to come and listen to me speak. I won't be speaking on the topic of this blog much (other than laying a foundation for where my experience comes from), but it is an opportunity for anyone seeking to meet me to do so in a public forum.
    Of course, I welcome anyone interested in advocating the rights of the mentally ill in our State and country to attend. The NAMI meetings are open to the public, as far as I know. This meeting will be held at the Summit in Kalispell from 12:30 pm to 2:30 pm.
    On behalf of NAMI, I hope you will show up to lend your support.

Ron Glick
Political Prisoner since 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment